Takeaway.com is a leading online food delivery marketplace in Continental Europe, connecting consumers and restaurants through its platform in 9 European countries and Vietnam.
As a Business Development Manager, you will have a shared responsibility to grow the business through the deployment of the right sales strategies and operational workflows. Your priority is to assist Takeaway.com to acquire new partners; the role is critical for the growth and diversification of our rapidly expanding business and client base.
In this role you are the 1:1 sparring partner for the Director of Sales, but also the person who guides and helps diverse multidisciplinary sales teams to achieve their goals.Also you:
Will be the person who transfers strategy into concrete projects.
- Know which goals should be set to be let these projects be successful and in line with the strategy.
- You make sure, among with setting goals, that there is a tight schedule, the KPI’s are set and everyone is on board to achieve this goals.
- Design and build operational structures and processes to ensure the team works as efficient and effective as possible with cross-functional teams throughout Europe.
- Prepare business presentations and sales value pitches.
- Negotiate and re-negotiate by phone, email and in person.
- Developing sales goals for the team and ensuring they are met.
- Train personnel and helping team members to develop their skills.
A day in the life of:
You start your day, of course with a cup of delicious coffee or tea, but also with the daily standup with your colleague. Together you will take a look at the current Sales Projects Kanban in Jira. After everyone is up to date you sit down with Antonio to discuss the delivery sales strategy in a new-to-open Scoober city in Poland. After this meeting you see that the Head of Sales has some urgent request for information, and informs you that the Online restaurant numbers are behind. You contact BI if you can meet and together can take a look at this problem. After the Biweekly Head of Sales meeting you make sure that all ‘Heads’ are familiar with their action point and then it’s time for lunch. You’ve barely finished your cheese sandwich / ordered sushi (you pick and decide!) when the meeting with the Key Account and Chain Managers starts. They provided you in some points of improvement for TMS and you are going through these points with them to get more grip on what is going on. The rest of the day is reserved for the preparation of your Berlin trip tomorrow, you will meet and onboard some new team members and have some meetings with the operational Scoober staff so you make sure that you are well informed.
We are looking for a strong communicator, a creative talent who has the ability to solve tough problems. Someone who has in-depth knowledge of the industry and its current events.
You can handle pressure and meet every deadline, because you are able to prioritize and choose commitments. And all this comes with excellent feeling for time management and organisational skills.
- 7 - 10 years of relevant work experience;
- Bachelor or Master degree;
- Experience and sense of feeling for develop management, change management, improvement, Partnering effectively on cross-functional projects or teams.
- You are an excellent communicator, who will build strong relationships and collaborate across functions. Also, you are an agile and creative problem solver, who gets complex things done and drives organizational-wide impact;
- You have no problem with traveling all over Europe frequently.
Bonus points for:
- Experience in the F&B business and / or;
- Experience in a data driven / internet based company.
Together with the head of sales in the different countries and the global sales director you will be forming the Management team of Scoober Sales.
So what’s on the menu for you?
- Work in a fast growing company;
- Being part of a new, young, professional and international team;
- A competitive salary;
- Commuting travel costs 1st class public transportation;
- Pension plan 50% paid by Takeaway.com;
- 25 holidays a year on a full-time basis;
- An office location within the heart of Amsterdam (5 min. from Central Station);
- Awesome team events.
With drinks every Friday, and fresh fruit every day, we’ll take good care of you. And if you come up with some good ideas or worthy initiatives, we’ll make sure you’ll be rewarded. We love to challenge you to be the best. And if you make a useful contribution to our processes, we’ll appreciate this immensely.
- Interested in this job? You can apply directly via our website.
- We strive to respond to your application within two weeks.
- Making an assessment can be part of the application procedure.
- Needless to say, this vacancy is open for applicants of all genders.