Takeaway.com is a leading online food delivery marketplace in Continental Europe, connecting consumers and restaurants through its platform in 9 European countries and Vietnam.
We - Takeaway.com - are the leading online food-delivery platform in continental Europe and are looking for a Business Planner to join our Operations team.
You as a Business planner will be involved in the day-to-day business, the strategic planning and project management within the Operations Team. With your analytical skills and ability to give well-informed advice to the management and to stakeholders throughout Europe.
The food delivery market is growing rapidly and is being characterised by a high degree of innovation. As well as fierce competition, which makes it essential to have direct control on costs and quality of the service offered. Takeaway.com (in Holland known by the label of Thuisbezorgd.nl) has its own delivery network in multiple countries and cities in Europe. In this role, your input is directly visible on the local markets, you can expect high level of entrepreneurial spirit and within a close team working hard on a shared goal: becoming the most successful food delivery company in Europe.
What will you be doing?
- Analyzing KPIs as well as tracking the daily business and adjusting accordingly
- Preparing forecasts, demand planning
- Spotting trends in the developments and shifting the business based on this information
- Offering advice on a strategic level to stakeholders within the business
- Participating and taking the lead in new projects related to both the growth of the business as well as process improvements
- Conducting field as well as desk research
- Visiting stakeholders across Europe on a regular basis
What should you bring with you?
- Excellent analytical skills and numerical reasoning
- Forward-thinking and independent way of working
- 2-3 years of work experience, preferably in an operational field
- Fluency in Dutch and English
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Organizational skills
- Interest in different markets and cultures
- Willingness to travel (on average 1-2 times per month)
- Good sense of humor
- Bachelor or University degree
What do we offer?
- Freedom for your own ideas and for your contructive feedback
- Short decision-making processes
- Working in an ambitious and entrepreneurial team
- A beautiful office in the heart of Amsterdam
- 50% contribution to your pension
- Travel allowance
- Monthly voucher to be used on our plattform
- Events with your team as well as the entire company (e.g. summer event, Christmas party, ski trip, ...)
- Fresh fruit and great coffee in the office