Takeaway.com is a leading online food delivery marketplace in Continental Europe, connecting consumers and restaurants through its platform in 9 European countries and Vietnam.
We - Takeaway.com - are the leading online food-delivery platform in continental Europe and are looking for a Data Engineer to join our Data Analytics teams.
In this role, you will see a direct link between your work and company growth. In addition, you must have the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced, small but growing environment and work proactively with various teams across the organization
- Manage data warehouse plans for a product or a group of products.
- Interface with engineers, product managers and product analysts to understand data needs.
- Build data expertise and own data quality for allocated areas of ownership.
- Design, build and launch new data models in production.
- Design, build and launch new data extraction, transformation and loading processes in production.
- Support existing processes running in production.
- Define and manage SLA for all data sets in allocated areas of ownership.
- Work with data infrastructure to triage infra issues and drive to resolution.
- A quantitative academic degree (MSc/PhD) is required in for example Econometrics/Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science/Analytics, Artificial Intelligence or another related field with a strong emphasis on statistics
Knowledge of and experience with Airflow and Redshift is highly rated
Knowledge of SQL is necessary, R, Python, SPSS, SAS etc. is highly rated
- 2+ years experience in the data warehouse space.
- 2+ years experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance.
- 2+ years experience working with either a Map Reduce or an MPP system.
- 2+ years experience with object-oriented programming languages
- 2+ years experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling.
- 2+ years experience in writing SQL statements.
- Ability to analyze data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies.
- Communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data driven insights.
- Experience in E-Commerce is a plus
You are part of one of the Business Analysis teams which has a focus to gain insights to improve our reach to customers and restaurants, which includes reporting and dashboarding but also ad-hoc business cases/questions using (advanced) statistics. Therefore the people in the team have different backgrounds and roles to achieve the goal (and thereby opportunities to learn from your peers). By doing so you have a big contribution to Takeaway.com's Data Driven Decision Making strategy. From a planning perspective the team works in an agile way using SCRUM. As a team you present to the rest of the company the insights you have developed during the sprint, which gives the team a great visibility within the organization.
- Big data!
- Work in a fast growing company
- Being part of a new, young, professional and international team
- A competitive salary including 8% holiday allowance
- Travel costs 1st class public transportation
- Pension plan 50% paid by Takeaway.com
- 25 holidays a year on a full-time basis
- An office location within the heart of Amsterdam (5 min. from Central Station)
- Internal as well as external schoolings and conferences
- Hackathons and prototyping of new solutions
- Awesome team events