Takeaway.com is a leading online food delivery marketplace in Continental Europe, connecting consumers and restaurants through its platform in 9 European countries and Vietnam.
Takeaway.com is one of the world leaders in online food ordering. The company began in the Netherlands, is currently available in 9 countries across Europe and is now looking at expanding our horizons to Portugal! Our aim is to provide our consumers with an easy and reliable service for ordering food online whilst at the same time offering restaurants the ability to increase their revenue and visibility by partnering with our website.
Takeaway.com is a dynamic company with a young and informal work atmosphere. We are always looking at ways to improve our services and developing our brand name, and we encourage employees to push themselves.
As a B2B field sales representative, you will be responsible for generating business leads, increasing our restaurant base and adding to the overall success of the company. Your main focus will be to proactively acquire new clients, maintain quality relationships with new and existing restaurants and be the face of Takeaway.com. Not only will you be responsible for selling our brand, but you will also be expected to work closely with our tele-sales and customer service teams to meet the goals of the company and continually improve our market position.
- Convince restaurants to join our site whilst maintain a high quality restaurant base;
- Brand promotion within the designated area, including distributing merchandise;
- Meeting and exceeding the set monthly targets;
- Work independently and be able to use your own initiative;
- Represent Takeaway.com and be a brand ambassador;
- Proactively develops successful client relationships;
A day in the life of a Takeaway.com Field Sales Representative:
Your day starts at 10:00 from home. You drop your Inside Sales colleague a call to discuss the day: which appointments are planned for today and is there room for more? Are there any issues I should know about before I visit the restaurants? Together you look a the targets for this week and you challenge each other to top it by 20%. Should be feasible right?!
You do a little research on the ins and outs in the sushi branch and at 11:30, you leave home to go to your first appointment. A Japanese restaurant in Lisbon opens coming month and would love to join our platform. After a few visits, your colleague calls: one of your appointments this afternoon is cancelled. The restaurant owner rang to say he's got a leakage in the restaurant and a visit wouldn't be convenient. You check your agenda: now you have a spare hour so together with your colleague you check Google maps and our system. Just around the corner there's a restaurant which is not on our platform yet! Your colleague quickly provides you with all the information you need and ten minutes later you enter the restaurant to introduce them to Takeaway.com. 19:30: you just finished your last visit, and reach out to the restaurant which had a leakage to check on them. Luckily everything is sorted again and next week you're welcome for a cup of coffee. Back at home you finish a few administrational tasks and you order some food online. After a busy day, takeaway food tastes extra good!
You are an optimistic, ambitious and self-motivated person who is result-oriented and takes responsibility for your work. Not only are you able to rise to a challenge but you are also able to use your own initiative and think outside the box. You are also determined to succeed, stress resilient and eager to develop your skills and career.
- At least 12 months’ worth of B2B sales experience;
- Able to meet deadlines and have good organisation and time-management skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Portuguese and English;
- A full driver’s license and valid visa to travel anywhere within the EU.
- Bonus points for:
- Experience in the food and beverage sector.
You will have a real independent job and will be reporting to the Head of Sales. Because of the enormous growth of Takeaway.com in Europe, and with you on board, we expect that the sales team in Portugal will grow with us !
- A competitive salary (with a commission scheme);
- Work in a fast growing company;
- Being part of a new, young, professional and international team;
- A car, a tablet and mobile phone;
- The chance of travelling to the Brussels Office for sales trainings and meetings;
- Awesome team events.
Interested ? Of course you are !
Please apply using the button 'apply now' and upload your English resume. All communication will be in English, applications written in other languages can not be processed.