Takeaway.com is a leading online food delivery marketplace in Continental Europe, connecting consumers and restaurants through its platform in 9 European countries and Vietnam.
Takeaway.com is the leading online food delivery platform in continental Europe and we are looking for an Inside Sales Assistant to join our NL sales team.
As an Inside Sales employee, you and your Field Sales colleague are responsible for actively approaching restaurants.
- You know how to promote the added value of Takeaway.com and are able to transfer this enthusiastically onto existing and potential customers.
- You are the operational pillar for your colleague and provide relevant market information, which makes it possible for both you and your colleague to anticipate relevant market changes.
- You work closely together and are responsible for the set targets and any further growth of the chains that are connected to our platform. All this will be done from our office in Amsterdam.
A day in the life of:
On Monday you arrive around 9:00 am and start up your computer. While getting your morning coffee, you and your colleagues discuss your weekend, and at 9:15 am you are ready to go!
You start the day in a daily meeting with your colleague from the field staff, in which you discuss the upcoming week. You open your mailbox: in the past weekend, it filled up with questions and applications from restaurants that are interested in joining Takeaway.com. You sort the leads that have arrived, discuss them with your Field Sales colleague, contact the restaurants and schedule the appointments for him.
You know how to turn cold acquisition into well-prepared warm contacts. In between lead follow-ups, you answer sales-related questions from restaurants that are transferred to you by colleagues from Customer Service.
13:00: after you had lunch with the team, you call a list of restaurants that have registered - but whose registrations are not yet complete. You also contact the newly registered restaurants that open in the afternoon, because as you know from experience, some restaurants start a little later. Even now you enthusiastically explain what Takeaway.com does, what this can mean for the restaurant and clearly inform them on what it takes to 'go online'.
At 17:30, before you go home, you check the agenda of your Field Sales colleague for tomorrow and check whether he can take to the road fully prepared the next day. It is 17.45, you round off and go home!
- You are energetic, customer-oriented and a disciplined worker. You have an entrepreneurial mind-set and you are great at organising.
- You are commercially- and results-oriented;
- You project self-assuredness, you are assertive and show initiative;
- You can align your communication with that of your discussion partner.
You also possess:
- MBO 4 / HBO / BA work and thinking level;
- Relevant work experience (+2 years) in a commercial position;
- Excellent spoken and written knowledge of the Dutch language;
- Experience with telephone acquisition (pre);
- Knowledge of the English language.
Bonus points for:
- Experience in the (fast) food sector (not just as a consumer);
- Experience with telephone acquisition.
You will report directly to the head of Sales (vacancy) and work together in a tandem construction with the Field Sales Representatives Jeroen and Tarquin.
So what’s on the menu for you ?
- You are going to work within a young and dynamic team, in an international company with plenty of opportunities for personal development;
- A market-based salary;
- Moments to replenish your energy, in the form of 25 vacation days (in case of a 40-hour contract);
- The best company outings - and we are not talking about just an evening of bowling ... a fast descent down a mountain slope comes a lot closer to our definition of a company outing;
- An office location within the heart of Amsterdam (5 min. from Amsterdam Central Station);
- A discount voucher of €10 each month, this way you too can experience the convenience of ordering food;
- A 1st class public transportation (train) pass;
- A pension scheme to which we contribute 50%;
- Working in a young, international and dynamic team with an informal atmosphere;
- A football table and PS4 at your disposal for gaming during your breaks.