Takeaway.com is a leading online food delivery marketplace in Continental Europe, connecting consumers and restaurants through its platform in 9 European countries and Vietnam.
We - Takeaway.com - are the leading online food-delivery platform in continental Europe and are looking for a Lean Black Belt to join our Operations team.
As Lean Black Belt at Takeaway.com, you are responsible for implementing the Lean methodology into all logistical activities of the company. You are the specialist in your field of expertise, able to act as a pioneer within the company in making sure Lean will become part of the DNA.
You will educate, train and assist (local) management – in a different set of countries – in optimisation and continuous improvement techniques. You provide guidance, set standards, develop tools, share best practices and deliver results by executing Lean projects yourself. Leading by example on a day to day basis and having high visibility in the organisation is essential for your success. In this role, you have a key position within the European food delivery team at Takeaway.com. You report directly to the Global Manager Food Delivery.
The food delivery market is growing rapidly and is being characterised by a high degree of innovation. As well as fierce competition, which makes it essential to have direct control on costs and quality of the service offered. Takeaway.com (in Holland known by the label of Thuisbezorgd.nl) has its own delivery network in multiple countries and cities in Europe. In this role, you can expect a high degree of autonomy, a lot of space for expressing creativity and within a close team working hard on a shared goal: becoming the most successful food delivery company in Europe.
1. Development and deployment of a Lean strategy for the Food Delivery department of the company;
2. Providing leadership and support to design and implement Lean principles (such as PDCA cycles, Kaizens, Root Cause Analysis, etcetera), including training of local management;
3. Pro-actively search for improvement possibilities and initiatives, including a project based implementation of these initiatives;
4. Acting as a Lean subject matter and sparring partner for Management;
5. You’re constantly looking for possibilities to further improve operational results, by monitoring market developments.
Certified Lean Black Belt
At least 5 years of relevant Lean working experience in the operational field
Experience with change management and project management is preferred
Competences: highly analytical, able to execute, work structured and autonomous, coaching, team player
Fluent in English, preferably knowledge of Dutch
Travelling is required
- Work in a fast growing company
- Being part of a new, young, professional and international team
- A competitive salary including 8% holiday allowance
- Travel costs 1st class public transportation
- Pension plan 50% paid by Takeaway.com
- 25 holidays a year on a full-time basis
- An office location within the heart of Amsterdam (5 min. from Central Station)
- Internal as well as external schoolings and conferences
- Awesome team events