Takeaway.com is a leading online food delivery marketplace in Continental Europe, connecting consumers and restaurants through its platform in 9 European countries and Vietnam.
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will play a key role in transforming Takeaway.com into a data company that continuously improves the quality of its services through learning. With the help of your teammates, you will be implementing robust, production-grade machine learning services, which run theoretically sound and statistically valid models. We are looking for a motivated, curious and communicative person, who enjoys shaping the work of a recently formed, specialised big data team.
A day in the life of...
After you spent the last two sprints cleansing, exploring and analysing customers’ clickstream and purchase data, you have now chosen an algorithm that you think is a good candidate for driving the company´s recommendation engine. You call a meeting with the rest of the team where you present your findings. You warn your teammates that the model would need to be periodically re-trained to ensure that its accuracy remains consistently high. You like the idea of using Kafka streams for this task given Kafka’s fault-tolerance and high availability. Charles and Altay volunteer to look into implementing the streaming solution, while you sign up for creating a Docker image for the algorithm in your upcoming sprint.
- You are an experienced Software Engineer / Data Scientist (3+ years) with a proven interest in Machine Learning projects
- You are comfortable with transforming large amounts of unstructured data into a source of meaningful analysis
- You are able to implement your ideas in Scala or Python
- You have a basic understanding of Distributed Systems
- You are fluent in English (written and spoken)
- You are open minded, willing to share knowledge and looking forward to work in a team
- You are eager to see your models used in production, solving real-world problems for our business and its customers alike
- Experience in e-commerce is a big plus
- Preferably, you have first-hand experience with the design and implementation of product recommendation systems
What we offer
- Awesome team!
- The freedom to go where no one in our company has gone before
- Huge amounts of data
- Work in a fast-growing company
- Being part of a young, professional and international team
- A competitive salary
- A passionate commitment to the use of open-source software – nobody owns code in our company!
- Custom work stations/laptops (Mac/Linux/PC)
- Internal as well as external trainings and conferences
- Awesome team events
- Free drinks and fruits and several sporty benefits
- Inhouse language courses