Takeaway.com is a leading online food delivery marketplace in Continental Europe, connecting consumers and restaurants through its platform in 9 European countries and Vietnam.
We are looking for a Back-end Developer to join one of our back-end scrum teams, responsible for the smooth running of the ordering process at our partner restaurants. Together with your team you develop exciting features for different data domains (discounts, orders, payment methods, etc.), making our customers happy with a super fast food delivery.
You will work with a microservice architecture, building small, one-purpose components that communicate with each other within a complex system. You will use your expertise concerning continuous integration, RESTful APIs, MicroServices and other related key topics. You’ll explore new technologies and share your insights with your team, all with the aim of creating a unique level of convenience for our end-users.
What you will need:
• 3 - 5 years of work experience in one of our core programming languages (PHP, Java, C++, Node.js)
• Knowledge of a microservice environment (Consul, Kafka, Docker, Marathon)
• Proven experience with J2EE and programming in Java within a multithreaded linux environment
• Proven experience with continuous integration and writing test cases
• Positive and solutions-oriented mindset, you like to get things done
• An international, energetic, hyper-growth environment
• Open culture and freedom to come up with fresh ideas and initiatives
• Latest equipment of choice (MacOS, Linux, Windows)
• Conferences and courses, so you can stay up to date with the latest technical stuff
• Communities and practices for internal knowledge sharing
• PS4 and Friday-afternoon beers
• A year contract with intention to transfer to a permanent contract
• A competitive salary including 8% holiday allowance
• Pension plan 50% paid by Takeaway.com
• Travel allowance (1st class if you go by train)
• 25 holidays a year on a full-time basis
How we work:
We work with participating restaurants that deliver food themselves, with the Takeaway.com platform serving as a source of orders and facilitating the online payment process for them.
Our single global technology platform has been developed and enhanced over the last 15 years, what enables us to continuously increase the network of partner restaurants, the number of consumers and the quality of delivery. Scrum and agile comes naturally to us and we’re excited about the fact that what we build today will be used tomorrow.
The Takeaway.com platform is designed to deliver best in class experience to both consumers and restaurants. We still see a lot of opportunities to expand internationally, so if you want to make a difference by helping us continuously improve our technology and become a part of our success, come on board and join our team!
Are you up for it:
Send us your cv and short motivation letter in English with the subject “Senior Back-end Developer” as a PDF file, include your earliest possible starting date and your salary expectations.
We are looking forward to hear from you!