Takeaway.com is a leading online food delivery marketplace in Continental Europe, connecting consumers and restaurants through its platform in 9 European countries and Vietnam.
Takeaway.com is a rapidly expanding e-commerce company, that is revolutionizing the competitive online market for food ordering. The working atmosphere at Takeaway.com is characterized by team spirit, trust and open communication as well as a high degree of personal responsibility. Bringing in your own ideas is encouraged and creativity, motivation and commitment are much appreciated.
A day in our Frontend Team
After getting your first coffee and some fruits you check if there are any news on slack or our task board. As QA tested your latest build yesterday you decide to deploy it to the live environment. The first success of the day: see your code working fine in production. Oh it’s already 10 am? Better not be late for our daily, cakepoints incoming. After the daily you pair up with your colleague to work on a task together. The both of you think you could improve a feature, so you’re going to do a short video call with our Product Owner. Our “community of practice” with other developers takes place at 3 pm. Let’s learn some new stuff ...
- Drive the front-end development of our platform
- Collaborating with your team members to create innovative and creative solutions to improve our platform
- Refining and growing your expertise in frameworks like React/Redux
- Write code that is maintainable, testable and clean
- Experienced building responsive interfaces using HTML5 and CSS3 (with preprocessors like SASS)
- You have worked with RESTful APIs
- You have worked with build tools (webpack, gulp, etc.) and ideally continuous integration
- Familiarity with unit testing
- You keep up with the latest trends in web development
- Self-motivated, proactive and a collaborative team-player that is willing to share knowledge
- You have an eye for details and you take pride in delivering quality work
- At least 2 years of previous software development experience
- Being part of a young, professional and international team in a fast-growing company
- A passionate commitment to the use of open-source software – nobody owns code in our company!
- A competitive salary
- Custom workstations/laptops (Mac/Linux/PC)
- Internal as well as external schoolings and conferences
- Free drinks, fruit, several sports benefits and regular awesome team events