Takeaway.com is a leading online food delivery marketplace in Continental Europe, connecting consumers and restaurants through its platform in 9 European countries and Vietnam.
You closely monitor the performance, conversion and UX of the Takeaway.com app, detect deviations and investigate their causes. You analyse issues reported by the users and together with your team you resolve them in order to guarantee high quality and solid running of the app. You are also responsible for the team performance and frequently travel to Berlin, where a part of the team is allocated.
• Bachelor or Master Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent
• Team leadership/management of development teams (Scrum) and their performance
• Outstanding knowledge of development, design patterns, software architecture and modeling.
• Proven experience with development of apps and websites
• Ability to translate the needs of the company into technical requirements and transfer this skill to the team
• Ability to oversee scalability, usability, performance and 24/7 accessibility of a new feature or backward compatibility
• Proactive attitude and strong communication skills in English
• An international, energetic, hyper-growth environment
• Open culture and freedom to come up with fresh ideas and initiatives
• Latest equipment of choice (MacOS, Linux, Windows)
• Conferences and courses, so you can stay up to date with the latest technical stuff
• Communities and practices for internal knowledge sharing
• PS4 and Friday-afternoon beers
• A year contract with intention to transfer to a permanent contract
• A competitive salary including 8% holiday allowance
• Pension plan 50% paid by Takeaway.com
• Travel allowance (1st class if you go by train)
• 25 holidays a year on a full-time basis
We work with participating restaurants that deliver food themselves, with the Takeaway.com platform serv-ing as a source of orders and facilitating the online payment process for them.
Our single global technology platform has been developed and enhanced over the last 15 years, what enables us to continuously increase the network of partner restaurants, the number of consumers and the quality of delivery. Scrum and agile comes naturally to us and we’re excited about the fact that what we build today will be used tomorrow.
The Takeaway.com platform is designed to deliver best in class experience to both consumers and restaurants. We still see a lot of opportunities to expand internationally, so if you want to make a difference by helping us continuously improve our technology and become a part of our success, come on board and join our team!
Are you up for it?
Send us your cv and short motivation letter in English with the subject “Tech Lead / IT Manager” as a PDF file, include your earliest possible starting date and your salary expectations.
Takeaway.com is the leading food ordering website in Continental Europe, with a proven business model that provides an effective revenue stream for restaurants and convenience for consumers. Headquartered in Amsterdam and with established operations in 9 countries across Europe and Vietnam, our business has grown rapidly in recent years. With almost 50 million orders and double-digit growth we are the fastest growing player in many markets and still see a lot of untapped potential.
Privacy Statement: Your data will be used by Takeaway.com Group B.V. for the sole purpose of processing your job application. All data are treated confidentially according to Dutch law on data protection and privacy. By submitting your application, you agree that your data may be processed by group companies of the Takeaway.com Group and by third parties (other than Takeaway.com Group B.V.) that are instructed by Takeway.com Group B.V. to ensure the technical deployment, delivery and maintenance of the online application tool. For the sole purpose of processing your application, your data will be stored and processed in a database managed by Takeaway.com Group B.V.
After finishing the application process, Takeaway.com Group B.V. will delete your data within 4 weeks after termination of the application process, unless you have given your consent to contact you for future job offers, we will then delete your data within 1 year after the termination of the employment process. For further information regarding your data and to object to any future data processing you may contact us via email@example.com.
Please also refer to our general privacy statement.